Become a Retailer
Your business must:
- Be a storefront operation in a commercially zoned business area.
- Be open at least 5 days and 45 hours per week.
- Have a business phone number listed with directory assistance.
Locations other than a conventional business district, strip center or mall will require additional documentation (photos, certification of zoning/conforming use permits, etc.).
Additional requirements for OEM and Online Retailers:
OEM Accounts — you will be required to place a minimum order (cost and quantity based on product used.) and the items purchased can only be used as component parts and not for individual resale.
Online Only Retailers — you will need to have a verifiable, established website and follow our Suggested minimum Advertising Pricing guidelines.
How to Apply
In order to become a Great Planes customer, we ask that you please submit the following information:
- The dealer application and Bank reference form – click on the Retailer application (or OEM account, depending on the type of account you are applying for) & Bank reference form links below for PDFs that can be printed. If you don’t have a PDF reader, click here to get your free Adobe Acrobat Reader. Print the application and Bank reference form and fill them out completely.
- One photo of your storefront and surrounding location
- One photo of your business sign
- Three photos representing your current inventory
- A copy of your state retail tax certificate or resale certificate
The application must be signed all required documentation returned to Great Planes Model Distributors customer service.
Great Planes Model Distributors
P.O. Box 9021
Champaign, IL 61826-9021